反身代词包括了myself, yourself, himself, herself, itself, ourselves, yourselves 和 themselves. 它们指的是做出动作的那个主语的人或动物本身。下面例句中的红色反身代词指的是同一个句子中的主语（黑体字）：
I made this cake myself.
Be careful with the knife. You’ll cut yourself.
Michael is looking at himself in the mirror.
Susan has hurt herself.
Our cat washes itself after each meal.
We held the party all by ourselves.
Come in, children, and find yourselves a seat.
Have yourself a good time.
Baby birds are too young to look after themselves.
You yourself said so. / You said so yourself.
I (主语代词)/me (宾语代词)
he (主语代词)/him (宾语代词)
they (主语代词)/ them (宾语代词)
she (主语代词)/her (宾语代词)
以下句子中的一些反身代词使用正确，但有些不正确。 如果反身代词使用正确，请在句子后面的括号中打√。 如果反身代词使用不正确，请在句子后面的括号中打X，并在空白处写下正确的反身代词。
1. Sometimes I wash the dishes all by himself _________ . ( )
2. Dad had an accident. He cut herself __________ with a knife. ( )
3. Sally washes the car by herself __________ . ( )
4. Do you think the doctor can cure itself __________ when he is ill? ( )
5. The cat stays clean by licking itself __________ . ( )
6. Anna and May made the dinner all by herself __________. ( )
7. Mom lets me walk to school by myself __________. ( )
8. Can you dress themselves ____________ , boys and girls? ( )
9. David can swim all by himself __________ now.( )
10. This light is automatic. It switches itself __________ on at night. ( )
yourselves themselves itself myself
himself yourself ourselves herself
1.No one can help us. We have to help __________.
2.Jane always makes the bed by __________.
3.They painted the wall all by __________.
4.I hurt __________ in the playground yesterday.
5.John, you must behave __________ before your friends.
6.Children, you must do the homework __________.
7.Tom defended __________ against the bullies.
8.The dog is scratching __________.